To help the community get to know the Darwinia ecosystem quickly, we have broken it down into the six sections below: General, Developers, Tokenholders, Community Building, Mainnet related, and Lexicon where you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions. Thanks for reading!
We cannot express enough thanks to all Darwinia ambassadors for their continued support and encouragement, especially Megan, who has made an outstanding contribution to this document.
I’m new to Darwinia. Where is the best place to start?
First and foremost, hello and welcome to the Darwinia Network Community! Darwinia is a trustless and decentralized cross-chain bridge protocol developed by Itering on Substrate that provides interoperability and identifiability of tokens between modern and legacy blockchains such as between Polkadot, TRON, and Ethereum networks, and more. Check out some of the links below for more detailed info:
Web Forum: https://talk.darwinia.network/
Dev Channel: https://t.me/DarwiniaDev
Official Telegram: https://t.me/DarwiniaNetwork
Documentation and FAQs: https://docs.darwinia.network/en/
Also, we have launched the Darwinia Ambassador Program, and two pathways have been developed for contributors: Technology and Education. Please apply for the application here.
What is the history of Darwinia Network?
The Darwinia Network project started in late 2018 when Parity released the Substrate toolkit project. Darwinia implements a decentralized network that acts as a chain relay between major blockchains and enables asset transfers in a decentralized and permissionless non-custodial way.
Darwinia is designed to operate as a Parachain of Polkadot but also has the ability to function in Solo mode as an independent network with its own consensus, security, and cross-chain functionality for redundancy or mitigation of Polkadot-based technical issues.
The team has developed an Application SDK based on Polkadot’s Substrate and Darwinia Web applications in order to facilitate the development of different applications on the foundation of the Darwinia Network. The SDK will help bootstrap adoption among non-blockchain users and developers.
We’ve also developed a leading explorer product for the Polkadot and Substrate Community, Subscan.
Prior to launching Darwinia, the team also developed several other products including the blockchain-based game Evolution Land, Itering ID, Itering DKMS Solution, and more.
- DKMS: A Decentralized Key Management System
- Subscan: A high precision data explorer and visualization for Substrate-based blockchains.
- Itering ID: A set of air-gapped signing tools, capable of scanning QR coded transactions
- NFT Shifter: An easy to use tool to create and deploy blockchain NFT assets.
- Evolution Land: A cross-chain blockchain game to showcase blockchain capabilities and onboard new users to Darwinia Network.
Who is Itering?
Itering is a software company established in Singapore in 2018 specializing in research and development of blockchain infrastructure, and primarily focused on cross-chain technology. At present, we are developing the Darwinia Network based on the Substrate framework, and committed to building the future Internet of tokens.
In addition to Darwinia Network, we continue our research and development in the realm of NFTs and their integral relationship with blockchain-based games. So far, our blockchain game Evolution Land has been launched on two blockchain-based ‘continents’: Ethereum and Tron. In the future, Evolution Land will become the first important game application in the Darwinia ecosystem.
For more details about us, please check here: Itering IO
Does Darwinia have a roadmap?
- 2018 Q4 Evolution Land Launched
- 2019 Q1 Evoution Land: Atlantis Continent
- 2019 Q2 Evolution Land: Byzantine Continent
- 2019 Q3 Darwinia PoC-1 Trilobita Testnet
- 2019 Q3 Darwinia PoC-2 Crayfish Testnet
- 2019 Q4 ETH-Relay module open source
- 2020 Q1 Darwinia POC-3 IceFrog Testnet
- 2020 Q2 Darwinia Web Wallet
- 2020 Q2 Ethereum Linear Relay
- 2020 Q3 Darwinia PoC-4 Crab Network
- 2020 Q3 Darwinia Relay
- 2020 Q3 Mainnet Pre-launch: Genesis Generation
- 2020 Q4 Mainnet Stage 1: Staking
- 2020 Q4 Ethereum-Darwinia Unidirectional Bridge
- 2020 Q4 DVM (Darwinia Virtual Machine) Testnet: Pangolin
- 2020 Q4 Darwinia-Ethereum Reverse Bridge
- 2020 Q4 Darwinia Crab Network Integrate DVM
- 2021 Q1 Evolution Land: Crab Continent
- 2021 Q1 Transfer activated on Darwinia Network
- 2021 Q1 Substrate-Substrate Bridge（Darwinia Network-Darwinia Crab Network, Darwinia-Substrate Based Blockchain）
- 2021 Q1 Kusama PLO (Darwinia Crab Network)
- 2021 Q2 Darwinia Integrate DVM
- 2021 Q2 Evolution Land: Darwinia Continent
- 2021 Q2 Polkadot PLO (Darwinia Network)
- 2021 Q3 Darwinia NFT Adapter
- 2021 Q3-Q4 More bridges
- 2021 Q3-Q4 Other Ecological Applications
What is the relationship between Darwinia Network and Evolution Land?
Evolution Land is the first cross-chain game in the Darwinia Network ecosystem. Please check out more details here: EvolutionLand Docs
What is the relationship between Darwinia Network and Polkadot?
Darwinia Network is the first game chain on Polkadot. The development of Darwinia network is based on Polkadot and Substrate framework. Later Darwin network will become a parachain of the Polkadot network.
What happens if Darwinia Network is no longer a parachain?
Even if Darwinia Network is voted off the Polkadot parachain set, it will still work as a "Solo Chain", where it's responsible for its own security.
What are RING and KTON in Evolution Land?
RING and KTON in Evolution Land is the ERC-20/TRC-20 token, Evolution Land will use RING in Darwinia Network as the payment token in game.
Please contact us directly if you have questions or suggestions.