- Staking is a consensus mechanism based on PoS (Proof of Stake / Proof of Stake). Token holders obtain rewards and benefits through pledge, voting, delegation, and locking.
- Before participating in staking, please make sure you have at least 1 Darwinia address. If you hold more tokens or have higher security requirements, it is recommended to prepare 2 Darwinia addresses. If there is no address, please refer to: How to create an account
- A small amount of CRING must be prepared in Darwinia-Crab Network's address as fee. If you have no CRING, please refer to: How to get free CRING through faucet
- Enter Darwinia Wallet and lick the [Staking] column on the left , Click [Start staking].
- Fill in the staking parameters
Stash accountAccount for stashing tokens. Tokens participating in staking will come from this account. The operations of this account are mostly related to changes in stash.
Controller accountThe controller is the account that will be used to control any nominating or validating actions. Should not match another stash or controller.
Controller accountcan be set to the same account. If you hold more tokens or have higher security requirements, it is recommended to set up different accounts here.
Value bondedThe total amount of the stash balance that will be at stake in any forthcoming rounds (should be less than the total amount available). This part of the tokens will be temporarily bonded. bonding takes 14 days to unbond; you can choose to bond CRING or CKTON.
Payment destinationThe destination account for any payment as either a nominator or validator.
Bond periodOptional; bond CRING promise for 3-36 months to get additional CKTON rewards. (Promise to lock to accept user terms)
If you unlock CRING in advance within the lock limit, you will be charged a penalty of 3 times the CKTON reward (In the absence of sufficient CKTON, the CRING can not be used for payment of fines).
After filling in the staking parameters, please click [bond] and [submit]
Nominate a validator
- After completing the staking parameters, click [Nominate] on this page
The identities of the validator and the nominator are mutually exclusive and cannot coexist. If you are running a validator, you need to cancel the validator before proceeding with the nomination.
- Choose your favorite validator
- Sign and submit
- View information about nominated validators
The operation of nominating validators will take effect after the first epoch of the next era, and it is normal to temporarily delay.
There are other operations in staking for the following purposes:
Stop nominationcancels all nominees.
Bond moreadds bonded tokens for staking to obtain more power.
Unbondunbond tokens for staking, and at the same time the power will be reduced proportionally.
The 14-day bond period is required to unbond. Tokens that are in the bond period cannot be operated. Please be careful.
Reward historyGo to SUBSCAN explorer to view historical reward records
Claim rewardManually claim the reward, and the reward will be distributed in units of era.
Please note: 56 era (about 14 days) will be saved, and you will not be able to claim it if it expires.
Change controller accountChange the account that will be used to control any nominating or validating actions. Should not match another stash or controller.
Change reward destinationChange the destination account for any payment as either a nominator or validator.
Set nomineesRe-nominate validator
Change session keyIf you want to upgrade to become a validator, you need to fill in this item. How to become a validator
Set on-chain identitySet your personal information, such as display, legal name, email, website, twitter and riot. Other users can view this information and contact you.